Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Tuesday 21 July 2009

The day I went to a kids party...



I woke up this morning and the first thing I saw was Helen eating some cake for breakfast. I loved it so I had some. I of course did that man thing "Oh I'm not doing that it's discusting, YUK. I might go for a run..." and then ran straight to the fridge and destroyed 6inches of M&S Lemon Sponge Roll, a light golden sponge with a zesty, lemon curd and buttercream filling. It gave me a twinge.

And incidently a "twinge" is just what I got at T4 this weekend. For those of you who don't know, T4 on the Babewatch is essentially one big kids party. No other festival I've ever been to has had a "Parent Drop of Point" sign on the approaching road. But this sign lead us to wonder if the afore mentioned point a safe place for children to be dropped of by mum and dad or is it a bar, serving a tremendous Sunday lunch where children can drop off mum and dad while they go and dance inappropriately at Dizzee Rascal?



Call me a grumpy wee bum but it was raining mmost of the day. Nobody wants to go the beach in the rain, do they? Apparently they do and some 40,000 revellers proved that point, alothough, the look on Sophie Ellis Bexters face hinted that sge agreed with me. Either way a good time was had by all. I'm looking forward to next Sunday though when I can sit and watch the highlights on the tele with a fresh cake and a cup of Tetley's.

This is my "old man" blog.

****************************************************

In other news this week I had a go at making a video diary for the first time. It should be available to see on www.wristband4festivals.com about now so go and check it out.

It proved a bit harder to do than I anticipated. It's just not cricket to go walking about back stage at these place with a video camera unless you're the BBC. So I missed a lot of the stuff I wanted to capture. But I am still full of new ideas and I think I'll be able to make a better go of it next week. It was a lot of fun trying though and I am going to have another go this week at Ben & Jerry's.

If you are reading this after watching the video please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought and/or what you'd like to see next time.

I'll get you next time Gadget
M xx

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha - I love the idea that your rock and roll lifestyle consists of morning cake and parent drop off points.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt! i can't believe it has taken us so long to find these hilarious pieces of cyber literature!
    Sounds like t4 on the beach was a bit of a hassle, which brings us to our next point, your shortness of stay at Lovebox!! It was very upsetting.
    Nonetheless, we hope our banner (yes, we are the culprits) brought you much joy and warm fuzziness.
    Now, a promise is a promise and i don't know if you can recall your side of the bargain but how about visiting your friend Ben and the lovely pub in Winchester known as The Railway?
    Even if you don't, we do genuinely love you, the banner wasn't lying!
    Bucket of love,
    Wilhelmina & Amelia
    or...
    Mimi & Millie (just rolls of the tongue doesn't it?)
    X

    ReplyDelete