Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Thursday 2 July 2009

BOSH and DOOSH....


In the words of Lister..."Smeg!!!!" This weeks show at Ragley Hall in Warickshire has been cancelled. Now I have an extra week in Londinium with which to spend money and not make any. So I have been trying to decide what I might do to fill mey time.

Number one on the list is to complete a few songs. Way back before time began in darkest January I started to write what I thought might be a little EP which I might record when I get my studio back. Initially it was to be a handfull of acoustic songs that I might or might not have taken to an open mic night somewhere to strip myself of the little dignity I had left. Now however I have "new balls", as they say at Wimbledon. I have taken a little dose of inspiration from a night I spent with "We Were Promised Jetpacks" in King Tuts a few weeks back and set my sights a bit higher. I'm going to get Ross on drums, maybe Raph on bass, borrow a guitar and amp from somebody, persuade Fish to dig out her keys and sign a major record label before christmas. Maybe.

I have also started reading a book called "I Nver Knew That About London" by Christopher Winn. It is a book filled with facts about London that, surprise surprise, you don't know. For example, did you know that the oldest church in London is called All Hallow by the Tower? It was built in 675 and in the Undercroft you can actually walk on a piece of tesselated Roman pavement that was laid there in the 2nd century. Did you know that the Whitechapel Bell Foundry was established on 1570 and is the oldest manufacturing company in the country?? No you did not. All this brings me to the second thing I'm going to do with my time off and that is go and see some cool stuff. And then I am going to force this information on to unsuspecting people like you.

Last night we went to see Dave Gorman. I'll be honest I wasn't that excited about it because I've seen him before and he didn't light up my life. But last night he crippled me. Very funny, great company, good times. Helen fell asleep on the bus home and started snoring... which was as funny as Mr Gorman.

I'm off for a banana sandwich.

"til next time... M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment