Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Friday 29 May 2009

Clean socks and caberet...














Day 8
1106.1 miles done
Joiners in Southampton tonight. Been here a few times now and I'm delighted to report that the dressing room ain't scary no more. Good news.

We took a beautiful route here today through some amazing English countryside. There was an abundance of thatched roofs and rolling hills and too many caravans. I thought caravans were extinct.... England can keep them. We passed close to Winchester and I wanted to go and visit Ben but it wasn't going to happen.

So the night before last was in St. Agnes in Cornwall. All I want to say about it was that it happened. It's funnier in hindsight that it was at the time. A packed house but no room for us. In truth I had a riot but I've sort of already blocked it from my mind.

Last night in contrast was in The Pheonix in Exeter and it was the most enjoyable gig I can remember playing in a long long time! It's the first time I've played to a seated audience and it had a real MTV umplugged vibe about it. I've played a real selection of different shows with Tommy now. Everything from crying girls and fist fights in Glasgow to 800 people on a festival mainstage to 40 people in a surfer bar and now a caberet show in a theatre. It's almost too much fun man... it's embarassing.

In other news I'm so glad to report I've got clean pants and socks on today.

Love
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment