Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Skins, fans and millions of miles...








Holy shizzle we're in Truro now. Thats in Cornwall. I've never been here before and the drive yesterday took 6 hours and went through 3 weather systems. So far we've taken down Liverpool, Bristol and Nottingham. They were all good shows... In bristol me and Tommy got lost up the hill where they film Skins... that was fairly mad but you did get one heck of a view of Bristol. Iain also managed to turn over a table in a a pub and call some unsuspecting guy a plook (thats Scottish for spot on your face kids) and start some kind of fight.

The Dot to Dot festival was amazing and I really hope we do it again next year. It took me completely by surprise. We had main stage shows too which meant between 600 and 800 per gig which is nice. In contrast tonight we're taking down a wee plocal pub for some local people.... I'm going to be a nervous wreckk tonight.

Anyway, so far we have met some nice fans, most of them girls for the Rizzle, the video has had it's first airing on the telly which was cool, we heard some really nice thing about it. I've already run out of clean pants so thats gonna be todays mission.

Bands I've seen this week that you have to listen to are first and foremost Mumfred and sons (AMAZING!), Dan Black was good and so were Wolf Gang. So far since Thursday 21 to Monday 25 we have covered 889.4 miles and we've only done three shows.

Maybe we'll talk tomorrow
Love M x

No comments:

Post a Comment