Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Friday 8 May 2009

Shiny Universal stuff...


I had never been to a major record label HQ before. They have a very clear policy on not employing anyone who couldn't walk down a catwalk for a living and they really like shiny things. The floor looks like a mirror, the walls are made of simulated black marble and polished, frosted glass... even the security guards head was better polished than Alan Sugars shoes. Above the door outside is a rather understated 3D version of the Universal logo that we see every time we watch a movie. Now I don't know much about geography but there was definitely two America's on that globe and nothing of the rest of the world... typical!

The studio was a bit of fun. Mark the in-house producer was a cracking lad with great chat and he makes great Tea. Tommy recorded 4 B-sides and I dabbled on two of them. That should just about cover the first album I think. I got a bit inventive with a floor tom and I think, considering what we had to work with, we got some funky ass sounds going on.

Now I'm on the train north again. This time on Virgin and it's better then GNER. It's one of those "bendy round corners" trains and I wish I was six again because I really want to pretend I am flying a space ship... enough said.

I have set myself another goal for this year as well. I've got to get an iphone. More than anything in the world I want an Iphone with instant twitter with pictures and tunes and satelites telling me where I'm at and things I can shake to find out where to get a Korean sea food dip at 4 in the morning when I hammered in a city I don't recognise.

Anyway, balls to this, I don't know about you but I'm getting bored so I'm off to the buffet car. I've got a date with Stella.

M xx

1 comment:

  1. mark is the man! nice to hear you visited the deathstar. x

    ReplyDelete