Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Rick Steins Sea Food Restaurant...

The meal that nearly killed me across the road from a car park in Cornwall.
16 August, 2009.

Muscles


A total kick in the stones. Normally one of my favorite dishes on any sea food menu. Why add chillies to muscles Rick? That's like putting garlic on chocolate.

That said I still ate the whole lot with no exceptions and I'm glad I did. Because I need something to fill me up....

Crab


I'm really glad I ordered the crab because it means I won't order it again. The experience was great and when I managed to get to some meat it tasted lovely but it was too much like hard work. If you think I'm making it up go and order a full crab and get back to me. A nightmare. Never again.

Pinot Grigio


The wine was amazing though! The best thing about the first two courses. I have noticed that you can really tell a great, expensive restaurant by the wine they serve.

Raspberry Souffle

It broke my heart to eat this. Somebody quite clearly put their heart and soul into it. Served beautifully risen and I managed to eat it before it was flat. Bonus.

Coffee



To finish a delicious Illy coffee complete with a miniature flap jack and a chocolate brownie. Back of the net.


Lots a love
M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment