Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Monday 24 August 2009

A little sumin sumin..

The holiday is over, my summer touring schedule is finished, Nick and Jana are married and some twat has released the Lockerbie Bomber.

Last Friday brought my holiday to a frightening holt when I was dropped at Newquay airport (for airport read locker room) where I was due on the 1250 to Edinburgh. I hate flying. I find it hard enough to get on a real plane with jet engines but this had propellers and was about two feet off the ground. Anyway there was nae harm done and after I'd shaken my way up to Edinburgh I made it just in time for sound check.

Later we went and had a bit of a look at the festival. I can't say no to a flyer so I ended up with about 80 invites to comedy shows, plays, gigs and poetry readings. It's such a vibrant place during the festival. Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to enjoy it. After the show I was sent straight back to the train station and was on an overnight train back to London. I got home at 0710 on Saturday morning and left the house to get to Nick and Jana's wedding in Surrey for 1000! It was a long day.

Moving on now we are off until the second week in September. We are starting rehearsals I think on the 12th and we're back on the road on the 16th. Any of you who want to come to a show check out myspace.com/tommyreillymusic

Dae it
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment