Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Sunday 21 June 2009

Why oh why....

...is the tour over? I don't ever want to come home again! Being on a tour is quite unlike anything else man. On the one hand you want to spend a day in your pants, lounging on the sofa watching Top Gear, eating some chicken and maybe some sex... but on the other you want to stay in performance mode, sitting in a van, watch a couple of bands, eat some rider and make love to a drum kit.

I know what you're thinking but thats not wierd.

So now I'm home for a couple of days and thats great. My Grand Dad came to visit and I went to Tower Bridge and the Planetarium and went to a party. Tomorrow I'm going to Glasgow at 930am to do a couple of radio show over the next couple of days. Thats all cool but I'm going to let you in on a secret............

............ the other night (the first night back home) I couldn't sleep. Instead of counting sleep I played through, in my head, one whole gig... every beat...every cheer... every song.... that's how difficult it is to get out of tour mode...

I love ya and I'm going to leave you with a picture of Clarko who played the last two shows with us... he is one of my favourite musicians in the world...



You're welcome :-)
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment