Welcome to Matty McIvor's Blog

This blog is aimed at keeping everyone up-to-date with what I'm doing, where I've been and who I've met.  Unlike the other pieces I write it is designed to be personal and a little bit cheekier.  I hope you enjoy it and if you'd like send me a message, it's always fun to chat!

MM xx  

Saturday 18 April 2009

Brown Smoke...



Brown Smoke is a powerful being.  He looks like he could eat a baby and he probably scares Jesus.

Yesterday we were in Stirling.  It was another very busy show probably about 250 but I think they were a slightly harder crowd than London.  Tommy shined anyway and went down a storm.  I think the strangest thing for me so far, apart from the crazy fans, is needing security.  I don't need it obviously but I get to watch from the side lines as Tommy mania goes on all around.  I am totally amazed at how well he handles it to.  Nothing has gone to his head and nothing seems to phase him.  

After the show he went to meet a few fans and (this is the truth!) I think everyone in the venue lined up for an autograph and picture... he was at it for well over an hour I reckon!

For me I still feel a bit like these gigs are just a small warm up for touring in the summer when I'm playing more songs and we have a bit more of a band.  I really can't wait to be on stage for a bit longer and really get involved. 

Anyway tonight is 600 more loons in Glasgow town! I haven't played in my home city for the heavier part of a year so I'm excited.... think I might wear my Lion Rampant on stage..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment